Monday, September 17, 2012

A family of four...for a while

Yup, we were licensed a week to the day and got our first placement!  It was last Friday night (sept 14th) that we got the call, and 4 hours later CPS arrived with her.  Those 4 hours I spent walking in circles, staring out the blinds like a crazy person.  I can't tell you much, but what I can tell you is that I was A WRECK!

Looking back, I am thankful CPS left her with us seeing as how I was so uptight.  Do I try to interact with her?  Do I pay full attention to the workers while they are here?  I'm signing lots of papers, what do they say?  Where is Parker? I want to go hug her.  Can I?  Will she let me?  We don't have the bolts to the crib.  Oh no, pack and play?  Nope steps right over that. Seriously? The gate at the stairs is too small.  The dog is bleeding all over my new carpet.  A MESS. I almost had a migraine.

But to tell you the truth, she is the best little girl.  I don't think we could have imagined it going any better.  She's so happy, funny, smart, and seems to like us!  Oh, and she loves to shop... I guess it starts early.  It takes so much restraint for me not to buy everything in the store for her...

This is my first day to keep both the kiddos by myself, all.  day.  long.  I applaud all of you stay at home moms with more than 1 kid.  I don't know how you do it.  But we are quickly finding our routine, knowing her cues.

This is an amazing venture we are on.  I don't think that I understand the depths of what is happening right now.  All I know is I have a little girl to love on, for who knows how long.  I am glad we are her safe place.  I know everything happens for a reason, and God brought her into our lives.




No comments:

Post a Comment