Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Recipe -- Spinach Cupcakes


Sorry for the blurry picture!

I love trying to find was to incorporate vegetables into snacks and other meals to make them, well... appetizing.  I want us as a family to make better food choices, and I want Parker to grow up eating nutritious food... So, I was on one of my favorite food websites, www.weelicious.com, and found these spinach cupcakes.  And actually, they turned out really good!

Here is the recipe:

1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
1 Large Egg
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Fresh Spinach, packed
1/3 Cup Sugar
2 Tbsp Vegetable or Canola Oil
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor and puree.
3. Place the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and combine.
4. Pour the spinach puree in a large mixing bowl.
5. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet until combined.
6. Scoop batter into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup 2/3 of the way.
7. Bake for 12 minutes.
8. Serve.

After they were done, I mixed powdered sugar and water and drizzled them over the finished product, which them just sweet enough!  Let me know if you tried this!


Here is the direct link:  http://weelicious.com/2012/01/04/spinach-cake-muffins/


No comments:

Post a Comment