Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Beginning

A blog.  I don't think (or have ever thought) that my life is even remotely interesting enough to create a blog, but here I am.  I believe that one of the main reasons I wanted to put together something is so that friends and family could have a 'electronic scrapbook' of whats going on in our lives.  I know my husband and I have grown so much in the last 5 years of marriage.  And as the years go by, time seems to speed up and before you know it your kids are gone, you are old and gray, and you are left wondering what happened to all those years?  Perhaps I'm being a little dramatic, but I wanted to just take time out of our busy life and pen those precious moments, ideas, and memories that make us who we are.  The Comptons.  Buckle up.


So, the beginning.  I was 25 and loving life!!  I had been working as a NICU nurse on the night shift for about 4 years and enjoying the bar scene a little too much (if you know what I mean).  I was tired of meeting guys a those venues, was not real active in church, so I decided to explore internet dating (gasp!)  So, let me tell you, internet dating has evolved big time.  About 5 1/2 years ago, it was not the hip thing to do, it was the embarrassing thing to do.  But I decided to (secretly) join eharmony.com and... long story short... I met Matt.  He joined me in my sarcastic banter, so I decided to meet him.  We had our first lunch date at Pastazio's in Addison and have been together ever since.  He proposed to me 6 months later!

This is the man I fell in love with.  The man that God placed in my life to love me, to let me learn how to love him,  to grow me, to teach me things about myself.  He is a wonderful Christian man who, even though sometimes I fail, makes me want to become a better wife...every day.  This is our beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment